Since children are now a part of my life, I’m always looking for things to do as a family, especially those that my daughter will enjoy. As I was researching recently, the child within started bubbling with some real Christmas spirit about what Bells on Belgrade has going on! I’m gonna gather my siblings and all the childrens to enjoy some serious Holiday cheer!
Here’s what I discovered
Bells on Belgrade starts at 2 pm on Saturday, December 1. The event is tagged as, “A fun event for the entire family!” Good start!
- There will be a horse drawn trolley that rides along Belgrade. I’ll want to wear a fur coat for, well, just because!
- Santa and Elves! “I just want to be a Dentist!” Anybody?
- Local Caroling Groups. Um, yes, please!
- Reindeer Games! Not sure what this entails, but as long as we invite poor Rudolph with his nose so bright. (Yup, you sang that in your head like I did!)
- Free Goodie Bag and the chance to pick out your own Book with a Golden Ticket from Santa! What!? Santa never did that when I was a kid!
- There’s a live nativity scene, yes live! I am not sure if this means camels and a real baby. I’ll have to see it with my own eyes.
- The Bookmobile and North Mankato fire truck will be there.
- To top it all off, the grand finale PARADE at 6:30 pm!
The entire event is free and specifically geared for the kiddos and kiddos at heart (yup, that means us older people) and brought to us by the Business on Belgrade Association. Hey, I’ve always been told to “love your inner child,” so that’s all I’m doing!
There has also been a Medallion Hunt going on all week. Here’s an example of a clue posted on their Facebook page
North Mankato Lights are glowing bright.
Poinsettias point the way at night.
Lower North has a lot to see.
Especially the greenery.
Hmm, nope, I got nothing.