September 14th, 2020
Mankato, MINN – The profiles of regional candidates running in the November 3 election, provided by the candidates themselves, are now available online at greatermankatoelections.com. Candidates were asked to complete an online profile, including biographical information and respond to an online questionnaire. The questionnaire enables voters to gauge a candidate’s perspective including the following areas:
- Understanding of the core responsibilities of the elected position
- Views on key issues and impact
- The role of public office and promoting business vitality and economic development
- Fiscal responsibility
- Open communication and accountability
- Compromise and consensus
Candidate profiles are available for the following races:
- US Representative 1st District
- State Senate – Districts 19, 20, & 23
- State Representative – Districts 19A, 19B, 20A, & 20B
- Blue Earth County Commissioner
- Nicollet County Commissioner
- Mankato City Council
- Eagle Lake City Council
- North Mankato City Council & Mayor
- Mankato Area School Board
ALL candidate forums will be closed to in-person public audience attendance due to current COVID-19 health and safety recommendations. Greater Mankato Growth will record the event and post it online in addition to the event being replayed on KTV programming schedules. Along with links to register for some of the forums, find a full listing of candidate forums and events for local, state, county, federal, city council and school board races at: greatermankatoelections.com.
- September 16: Mankato City Council Forum – Steve Jameson, Publisher for the Free Press and Jessica Beyer, President/CEO Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
- September 24: House District 19B – Ashley Hanley, News Director for Radio Mankato and Jessica Beyer, President/CEO Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
- September 28: Blue Earth County Commissioner Forum – Ashley Hanley, News Director for Radio Mankato and Jessica Beyer, President/CEO Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
- October 15: Senate District 19 – Steve Jameson, Publisher for the Free Press and Jessica Beyer, President/CEO Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
- October 20: House District 19A – Laura Grossmann, News Director for Alpha Media and Jessica Beyer, President/CEO Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
About Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. It exists to intentionally develop the regional center by promoting, supporting and serving as a catalyst for economic development through business growth, retention and attraction; talent growth, retention and attraction; regional livability and advocacy of the marketplace.
Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. consists of four business units: Greater Mankato Growth serves as the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, Visit Mankato focuses on visitor attraction and servicing, the City Center Partnership, focuses on development in the City Center and GreenSeam utilizes agriculture to build on the region’s extensive agribusiness assets to develop the ag economy.