The Village Sew Circle is finally here! Explore sewing basics with expert seamstress Tricia Frederick in four weekly workshops starting Wednesday, January 27th, 6-8 p.m. Each weekly workshop will help
The Village Sew Circle is finally here! Explore sewing basics with expert seamstress Tricia Frederick in four weekly workshops starting Wednesday, January 27th, 6-8 p.m. Each weekly workshop will help you become more familiar with terminology, stitching techniques, sewing machine basics, and how to develop the intuition required to navigate through your next sewing project.
There will be 4 workshops, one every Wednesday from January 27 – February 17, from 6-8 p.m. Equipment and materials will be provided (bring your own sewing machine, if you have it). This is a socially-distant and cozy, masked group (about 6 people). You may either pay $50 dollars for all 4 workshops, or $15 for individual walk-ins. To sign up—come into the shop or pay over the phone by Monday, January 25th.
Week 1: Sewing Basics (Wed, Jan 27, 6-8 pm)
- Sewing machine terminology
- Threading a sewing machine (tension levels and stitch length)
- Common machine malfunctions and what to do
- Basic stitches and when to use them
- Consider practical project ideas
Week 2: Review and Practice (Wed, Feb 3rd, 6-8 pm)
- A brief overview of the previous week with Q&A
- Practice stitches on different fabrics
- Pick out a project for the remaining 2 weeks
Week 3: Exploration and Practice (Wed, Feb 10th, 6-8 pm)
- Start a project!
- Work at your own pace with guidance as needed
Week 4: Free Space (Wed, Feb 17th, 6-8 pm)
- Continue working on your project (or start another one!)
- Enjoy the equipment and company provided as you solidify your new-found skills
(Wednesday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
732 N. Riverfront Dr., Mankato